Business Process Outsource
Business Process Outsourcers (BPOs) face a dilemma meeting customer demands for faster, lower cost document processing while expanding to help clients achieve their broader goals related to digital transformation. The harsh reality is that customers want “more for less”, which leads to price pressure in the face of declining page volumes. A recent study by Accenture provides further evidence that BPO’s have an uphill climb—one that begins with winning customer confidence and depends on service providers investing in technologies that enable them to stand out in a crowded marketplace. According to the study:
- 49 percent of BPO’s clients expect to undertake a wide-scale transformation of their business processes within the next two years.
- 60 percent of these clients believe current BPO providers lack the ability to drive this transformation.
- Meanwhile, 2/3 of the industry is focused on cost reduction.
Similar pressures are squeezing service bureaus and other scanning service providers. To help address these challenges, IMS can diagnose the right solution for your business.
Production Scanners for BPO’s
Kodak Alaris has enhanced its award-winning i5000 Series Scanners, adding two new models. The Kodak i5250 and i5650 Scanners offer greater efficiency and reliability at higher processing speeds of 150 and 180 pages per minute (ppm), respectively, increasing productivity in the most demanding business environments. The new models join the 210 ppm i5850 Scanner at the high end of the Kodak Alaris scanner portfolio.
i5000 Series enhancements raise the bar for production scanning
The next generation i5000 Series Scanners have several advanced features that efficiently handle complex tasks and difficult document types. The scanners are engineered to reduce pre-scan labor such as document preparation and post-scan processing. They’re also designed to prevent exceptions, which require additional manual labor. In addition:
- Interactive multi-feed detection allows users to monitor multi-feeds on their PC and quickly choose to ignore, accept or rescan images from the scanner control panel.
- With Intelligent imprinting users can print a unique control number on each document as its scanned to make it easier to track and locate the document later.
- Advanced barcode reading saves data entry time and improves accuracy, delivering data directly to applications such as accounts payable and receivable, HR onboarding, and expense reports.
- The optional Kodak Controlled Dual Stacking Accessory for the i5850 Scanner automatically separates checks and patch sheets in a single step so they can be reused and so other productivity gains can be realized.
- Real world throughput, which allows customers to get the same throughput and productivity at 100 dpi as 300 dpi, whether all scanning features are on or off.
“Many service providers are in cost saving mode but our research indicates that they should actually be investing in new technologies to differentiate themselves,” said Tony Barbeau, vice president Products & Solutions, Information Management division, Kodak Alaris. “It’s no longer an option to offer ‘me too’ services. Service providers must help clients adopt new solutions that accelerate the transition to more advanced workflow processes. Our new production scanners are designed to do precisely this. We’ve gone beyond offering ‘speed and feed’ improvements to get to the heart of our customers’ information management needs.”
Automated Document Processing Solutions for BPOs
Regardless of whether you are a document management service provider who focuses on a customer’s special operational process, or an outsourcing provider who covers a complete end-to-end business process, ABBYY’s solutions enable you as a service partner to relieve your customers’ current business meaningfully and cost-effectively. This allows them to concentrate on their core business.
ABBYY solutions can be applied cost-effectively and for all clients for salable standard processes such as:
- Payroll, including reporting and printing
- HR administration, recruiting
- Customer service and support, customer experience management
- Document management
- Scanning and archiving tasks
ABBYY also offers solutions for processing of document types with complex requirements and sequences specific to a certain industry or economic sector:
- Applications in industry-specific processes (e.g. accounts center, medical data processing)
- Document analysis for controlling, information governance and business intelligence
- Management of customer communication processes in the consumer sector, e.g. for insurance, e-commerce or loyalty programs
Standard process or complex end-to-end solution for sector-specific business process outsourcing: ABBYY offers you the right solution. This includes ways to customize the solution to your customers’ particular and changing requirements and processes, as well as the most modern security standards for system stability and compliance. In addition, thanks to its strong partner network, ABBYY offers a wide range of services from process consulting to rapid on-site implementation and system set-up to solid and highly available support.